Tutor Doctor Colchester North and WRITE WAI PR & COPYWRITING SERVICES have extended their deadline for their news writing competition for Secondary School students.
Anyone aged 11 to 16 years from Sudbury, Colchester and East Bergholt now has until October 27th to enter the writing competition and there are some great prizes up for grabs.
The overall winner will be awarded a Kindle Fire HD, worth £120, and £100 worth of Amazon vouchers for their school. The runner-up will receive £50 of vouchers for themselves and third place will get £25 of vouchers to spend online on themselves.
The top three winners will be shown around the Colchester offices of
The Gazette, who is sponsoring the competition, and the top three winners will have their articles published in the paper on consecutive nights.
‘We have been meeting teachers at events over the early summer holiday period who have requested us to extend the deadline so that the competition can be used at school in the early autumn,’ said Clare Cracknell , Marketing Director of Tutor Doctor North Colchester.
Sally Anderson-Wai, the Owner Manager of WRITE WAI PR & COPYWRITING SERVICES said: ‘Having worked as a journalist for over 20 years, I know how hard it is to meet deadlines and to write news stories in an engaging and accurate way. It is also quite difficult to get into journalism, but this competition will help the three top winners get their feet on the first rung of the ladder as their entries will be published.’
The only rules for the competition are that their 300 to 400 word articles should be about something local and contain relevant facts, figures, quotes and a photograph. A 200-word piece of writing should be sent along with it to outline why the subject matter was chosen.
Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries will be judged on 3 elements:
- The article itself and the way it inspires the Judge.
- How well you explain the way you did your research.
- The quality and relevance of the additional material e.g. photo and quote.
Sally Anderson-Wai founder of WRITE WAI PR & COPYWRITING SERVICES will be judging the entries. Sally has over 20 years experience as a Journalist and has worked for newspapers, magazines and the BBC.
The winning entries will be featured in The Gazette, in a Tutor Doctor Newsletter and on WRITE WAI’s blog and website:
Entries should be submitted by email to email@example.com. The closing date is midday on 27th October 2014. There will be a first, second and third place winner.
Tutor Doctor Colchester North (TDCN) and WRITE WAI PR & COPYWRITING SERVICES (WW) Competition 2014 sponsored by the Colchester Gazette
- All entries must be received no later than 12 noon British Summer Time, October 27th 2014; however, TDCN and WW reserve the right to change this should it be deemed necessary.
- Entrants must be aged between 11 and 16 years of age on October 27th,
- Only one entry per person will be counted. All other entries will be made void.
- The judge’s decision will be final.
- The prize for the first place winning student will be a Kindle Fire HD approximate value as at 8th July is £120. This student’s school will receive a £100 Amazon voucher. The second placed entry will receive £50 of Amazon vouchers and the third placed entry will win £25 of Amazon vouchers. Prizes are donated by Tutor Doctor Colchester North and WRITE WAI.
- Prizes must be taken as stated and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- The winners will be notified by email shortly after the deadline.
- The winning entries will be published in the Tutor Doctor e-Newsletter and on the WRITE WAI blog. A press release will be issued giving the winners names and schools.
- The winner will be invited to attend a prize-giving event at which photographs will be taken for publicity purposes.
- Entries or part entries may be used in social media campaigns to promote the competition. Students full names will not be used only first names and school attended.
- No information given for entry to this prize draw shall be used for direct marketing purposes, nor shall it be passed on to any Third parties.
- No one related to, or connected with, anyone working at The Colchester Gazette, TDCN or WW is permitted to enter this competition.